Thursday, October 23, 2008

ISU Homecoming

So, the kids and I went to Pocatello last weekend. They did so well on the drive. Yes, they fought, cried, screamed, and threw fits, but not the ENTIRE way! We pulled into town and went straight to my best friend's (Britt and I have been bff's since the second grade) new home. She is having it built. It is incredible. She and her husband bought 8 acres on a mountain side. I have sooo many pics. of her amazing land. The kids were in heaven exploring, playing in the fort, throwing rocks off the bridge, and digging in the dirt. I was in awe of her beautiful views. I am so happy for her and her family and excited to visit and stay at her resort, I mean home!

After our short visit at Britt's we met my parents and Stan and Nichole and the kids at Outer Limits. It is a fun pizza and game place. My kids love getting together with their cousins. They are all close in age and have so much fun together.

Saturday morning we woke up early. We had to get Payton down to the parade. Mal and her family were all helping LD's Floral's float and she said Pay could help too if she wanted. Oh, boy did she ever. She has never been in a parade and thought it was the coolest thing ever. Her cousin, Harlee spent the night with her at grandma's and they both were able to help in the parade. They walked and handed out Orange Crush soda and flowers. The parade was a good time. My mom, Ave and Owe and I met Mikkel and Mal's hubby Curtis. We all stood together and enjoyed the perfect weather, fun floats, and gathered lots of candy! After the parade we headed to Perkins for a delicious, free lunch at "grandpa's store."

Later that night I went to the Homecoming game with my friends. We tailgated and I was able to visit with lots of old friends. Like I said in my last post, some of the best people I know are from Pocatello. It was so good to see and spend time with them. After the game we girls had some lady time. It was funny because we were all driving in my mini-van. Britt climbed up in the front seat with Mal, you know like we would do in high school. These college aged boys drove up next to us. They rolled down their window and yelled out, "What is this mom's night out?" We laughed so hard. Yes, it was mom's night out. We were cruising in a mini-van with two car seats and a giant balloon in the back. We went out and had dinner and then went over to Mikkel's house. She and her friend talked us into doing crazy, adventurous, illegal pranks. We obliged and had a lot of fun. I haven't laughed that hard, or stayed out that late in a really long time. It has taken me days to recover! This girl is old and feeling it.

Sunday, we woke up, packed up, and headed back to Boise. Robert was flying in around 1 p.m. and he was completely locked out of the house. We hurried home, but didn't make it before him, so Brent picked him up from the airport and he hung at the Chapman's for awhile. It was so good to see him and have him home. We have had a busy week getting our Halloween, spooky porch all decorated, and gathering up everything for the kid's costumes. I think we are all ready for the frightfully fun holiday!

Here's a million pics. of our weekend in Pocatello. I am sad it is over. I love to go home to my old stomping grounds where everything is familiar and carries a memory, visit my family I love so much, and have some good laughs with my best friends who know everything about me and still love me in spite of my faults. But it's alright, living away makes going home fun and exciting. I wouldn't have it any other way.