Friday, February 24, 2012

s h e r i f f

Owen starts flag football next week, and I never even posted about his first season of soccer. He was a goal scoring fool, and I couldn't help but crush on his coach, wink wink.

I served time in Owen's class today. I call it serving time instead of volunteering, cuz when the day is through, mama's throat, back, and feet hurt. I'm plumb tuckered out. I'm amazed his teacher does it all day long, every day. Hats off to those Kindergarten teachers. Hats off!

So, I overheard Owen keeping his fellow classmates in line. "You're not on task, you're supposed to be sitting down, you need to get in line, someone forgot to clean up their mess." Are ya kidding me?! We nicknamed him sheriff at home. Apparently the name, title, and duty, are reestablishing themselves during school time too. Let's just say the little chat about only worrying about yourself, is becoming quite redundant.

Mama finds the sheriff down right exhausting at times, and I've got a hunch his classmates think it entirely annoying. I'm hoping it's like every other childish phase, most of the time vacating in a months stretch or two. Time will tell.

Until then, I guess keeping himself and everyone else in order isn't the worst thing he could be doing, especially when he has a wee one following, mimicking, imitating, impersonating, and down right matching....

his every move!









ight">From Collages